Bob Sparboe started the Sparboe Chick Company after returning from service in the Korean War. Originally a baby chick distributor, Bob sold day-old chicks to farmers in a seven county area in Central Minnesota. We’re proud to have been intricately connected to the egg industry for more than 55 years.
We never stop thinking about eggs. It’s why everyone loves our eggs so much. Sparboe Farms has risen to become one of the largest egg producers and marketers of fresh eggs in the United States. We value the opportunity to consult with our customers and achieve growth solutions that fit their business strategies. Sparboe Foods is a leading egg breaking and further processing company serving industrial and foodservice customers throughout the United States with egg products and processing solutions. Sparboe is headquartered in Litchfield, Minnesota and has an satellite office in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
We celebrated our 50th anniversary in 2004 and in 2007, Beth Sparboe Schnell became President and CEO. Prior to her current role, Beth led the sales organization for 20 years.
Our mission is to be the preferred global supplier of eggs, egg products and services through continuous leadership, customer focus and superior performance.
- Safe, affordable, quality food for families
- Opportunities and rewards for our employees
- Humane treatment of our hens
- Environmental stewardship
- Supporting our communities
- Honesty and integrity
Sparboe Farms Fresh Shell Eggs
Started in 1954 by Bob Sparboe, Sparboe Farms produces fresh shell eggs on our farms in Minnesota, Iowa and Colorado. We provide safe, quality, nutritious eggs to our customers across the country. We pride ourselves on nearly 60 years of dedicated customer service and a complete offering of the highest quality eggs.
Sparboe Farms offers:
- Dedicated customer service
- Experienced account management
- Broad product line
- End to end supply chain control
- Logistics support and expertise to maximize cost savings where possible
- Unique approach to compliance and adherence to quality, food safety, and animal care programs
Sparboe Farms is:
- Woman owned (certified WBENC)
- SQF 2000 Level 3 certified
- Geographically positioned to service customers across the country
- Environmentally conscious
Sparboe Foods Further Processed Eggs
A leading egg breaking and further processing company, Sparboe Foods operates in Iowa, serving industrial and foodservice customers in the Central and Western United States. Our loyal customers stay with us because we excel at meeting their precise specifications with a reliable supply and responsive service.
As a result of our integrated supply chain from the farm to the specific product required, our customers can be assured they are receiving the freshest, highest quality egg products on the market.
Egg Solutions & Facility
We’re dedicated to providing egg products that meet your exact specifications. Sparboe Foods is able to offer various blends of products or unique packaging and delivery mechanisms to assure you have the highest quality, lowest cost eggs in your finished products.
Our 320,000 sq. ft. facility is centrally located in the Midwest and includes cold storage space and plenty of room to expand.
Product and configuration include:
- Pasteurized liquid eggs
- 48,000-lb tankers of liquid whole eggs
- 2,000-lb totes, bag-n-box, frozen pails
- Custom packaged liquid eggs: yolks, whites, blended
- Organic and cage free liquid egg
- Dried eggs
- Custom packaging/joint ventures
Sparboe Foods quality programs include:
- SQF 2000 Level 2 certification
- Oregon Tilth- Organic certification
- OU Kosher certification
- Crescent M Halal certification
AGRI-TECH, a division of Sparboe Farms, Inc., provides cost-effective nutrition, management services and low inclusion vitamin-trace mineral premixes to the U.S. and International egg production industries. AGRI-TECH’s services result in lower feed costs and greater profits for our customers. We’d like to help you achieve a competitive edge in your egg business.
Click HERE to learn more about AGRI-TECH or contact Dr. Bruce Behrends today!
P.O. Box 309
Litchfield, MN 55355
1.888.772.7263 extension 9611